Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm back....


Hi Everyone,
First off, thank you to all of you who sent notes re: Fred. I picked up his urn today.  Out here on the left coast, we have the option to privately cremate your pet.  Would it surprise you that I have all my animals' ashes (chinchilla and tortoise included)?  Of course it wouldn't!  

Last week was very hectic.  I was trying to care for Fred and I had a vacation to Comic-Con in San Diego that started Wednesday.  I was in San Diego Wed night to Sunday night at Comic-Con.  Since we didn't have tickets for Saturday to get into the convention, we went to Sea World and had dinner at Old Town San Diego.  I'll be loading photos and telling you all my stories in the coming weeks.  :)  Like this one:

Why yes, that is a Siberian Husky hat on my head... standing outside Cousin's Candy Shop in Old Town SD




I'm glad to be home and back with the other dogs.  Here's Sammy's reaction to Fred's absence (taken that night).
If you could had audio, you'd hear him snoring away.  I should add that it is warm in So Cal and yet he piles all his ultra soft blankets in a pile and sleeps on top of them.  He is a small dog.




The veterinary hospital we go to have such a great staff.  I made a card for the vet who was there for the euthaniasia.  She was wonderful. I had never worked with her before but rather than wait until my vet returned the next day (and prolonging Fred's discomfort), I had her do the euthanasia. The background was done using a technique that I learned from Britta Swiderski.  The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch on glitter paper.  The background was used via blending pad and Tim Holtz distress ink.  The leaves and rose were Copics pens.  (Note: glossy accents was used on the rose).


Inside card:  Spellbinder Nestabilities.  Sentiment is from a clear stamp set from Michaels "Inkadinkadoo- Thanks."  I used opaque embossing powder.  I can't remember where I got the basket image but I used Copics and Stickles (and Liquid Pearls in the center of the flowers)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get away and have a fun time after making such a dreadful decision. Your card is beautiful, wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back!! Missed you. That is one BEAUTIFUL card. You did an excellent job on that.

    I'm kicking myself in the tush here...because I have a card here for you that I SWORE I mailed out - and didn't!!!! Grrrr. Dumb Marlooney. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.... I like your cards! I was wondering when you can come over and help me with starting my blog. And I have a name in mind: KrazyKrafts! I hope that you like it... Just wondering. Hope to see you soon.
    From
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna hat like that! Cool!
    Glad you had some time away after your tough time with Fred....and gorgeous card for the vet.... and yep, I have a collection of ashes too!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.