Sunday, October 21, 2012

Working with Distress Pens-- ugh! and photos from a Howl-O-Ween party

Simply put,... I need to watch more Distress Pen videos.
It's got to be easier than this.
I used this stamped image with Distress Pens (Barn Door and Worn Lipstick).  The color didn't come out right so I ended up taking Worn Lipstick Distress Stain and just BLOBBING it in the middle out of sheer desperation. The paper I used is "Georgia Pacific" so the quality of the paper wasn't the best for misting.  I did use some clear gel sparkle to bling it up. The paper is from DCWV.  The pink stripes were glued by hand.





Amuse-Bouche:
Today was our annual Howl-O-Ween Party (through the dog trainer that my boys go to training with).

Here are some of the fabulous costumes!!!

This little girl is the sweetest!!! Sider.

Here is T with SamUL.


The Santa and his elf-ette were hilarious.  And then came Alice in Wonderland...


"Chippen-DOG"-- Note the $1 in the g-string







Our friend Barney-- er, I mean GUMBY!!! 


The Pirates!!!

The dinosaurs!


Super Dog and his side-kick, Hot Dog


T with his dog, Colt!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to use watercolor paper when using distress pens although I've gotten good results with cryogen. Your card is still pretty! The pups all look cute, who knew you could possibly make them cuter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your flower looks gorgeous anyway N! I think the paper used can make a big difference....haven't really investigated it myself yet.

    Great costumes, Santa looks hilarious with the ciggie hanging out of his mouth! Your boys are adorable!

    The washers that I decorated , I learnt from a tutorial somewhere in blogland, first spotted in Pinterest! Yep, its a time waster but you find soooo many interesting things.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.