Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Split Coast Stampers sketch

I struggle with card design... so I went fishing on the Split Coast Stampers site and found this neat sketch.   I had to make a birthday card for a dear friend of mine so I thought I'd use the sketch.  I have pasted it below but if you want to hop on over to the Split Coast Stampers site and join, click on the link above-- it's a great place to learn things...



  


Here it is...

I used a 1999 Stampin Up stamp set for the hats and animals. I used Copics and stickles to color the images and embellishments.  The Sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.    I had purchased the ribbon at Michael's a while ago.  Oddly enough, it was perfect for the challenge.   (...she says a little too quickly--  Ugh, I didn't see that little border at the bottom of the sketch. DOH!!!  Oh well...)




This sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set and I used a clear embossing powder on it. Then I took a white gel pen (Uniball pen) and made my version of a Kristina Werner handwritten swirl.

LOL

PS:  I've been watching some great Copics videos-- specifically Sandy Allnock and Suzanne Dean and Christygetscrafty  (all on YOUTUBE).   I'm trying to practice more with my Cryogen paper...  Stay tuned...  :)


3 comments:

  1. Super cute birthday card! Love the sketch. Glad to hear you're watching copic videos, they really helped me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is wonderful!! What a festive and fun card - I havent' seen this set in a long while and you just made me smile with your card :)

    love the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.