Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Mini Album....



I made this mini album for a friend who just had a baby girl.  Her name is Ava.

There are tags for each page.  I have photographed all the pages below, including the tags.
Note:On the back of the first tag, I put her height, weight, and date of birth.  I printed the information on the computer onto white cardstock.  All of the other tags, I left blank on the backside of the tag.

For my mini-album, I used the paper from K and Company ("Itsy Bitsy").  I cut the letters at 2" from the George and Basic Shape Cricut Cartridge.  I cut them 3 times and glued them together to make them thicker.
I embellished with stickers from Michaels and some "Bow-tique" pink flowers that I found in the baby section at Michaels (I think they're supposed to be used to make hair barrettes).
The hot pink flowers are from Offray's "Stylish Accents."  I can't recall where I bought them.  
The ribbons are just the result of my occasional raids on Michael's $1 ribbon table.
I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch my hole and eyelet into the pages.   I used the smaller eyelet setting.

(*)Grafix Clear Craft Plastic is available at Michaels.


The tags I cut using my Sweethearts Cartridge (I glued two of the same shape together).  I adjusted the size of each tag with my Design Studio (for those of you unfamiliar with Design Studio, it is a piece of software that you can use with your Cricut to alter the cartridge shape.  I should add that I got mine through Walmart.com because it was cheaper through them ($38.))  
The frames on the tags, were through Stretch Your Imagination (Cricut Cartridge) however, again, I adjusted them through Design Studio.
I cut and glued a plastic sheet  (*)on the border of the frame to mimick glass.  I then used a very thin line of Foam Tape (from Scotch) to line 3 sides of the frame.  This left one side for which my friend could slide a photo in.


If you'd like to make one, or see how one is made, please click on the link below:

Mary, over at Cardztv, showed me how to do this. If you haven't visited Mary's site, you should. She has a variety of projects that you can create and the best part is that she usually has a video to accompany her project.   She just started a cooking blog too (with videos). http://www.simplecookingwithmary.blogspot.com/ 
She's tons of fun and just the nicest person!  

I hope you all had the opportunity to spend time on Nicole's Blog Hop. There were some totally awesome projects there, and I found a lot of new blogs to start lurking on.
 

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute!!!! I love the papers and colors you used! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet project!

    Thank you so much for hopping by my blog during "The Little Hop of Horrors" Halloween Blog Hop this weekend. Very much appreciated! (Sorry I made you spew your drink! Ok...not really. I love making people spew!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi, this is the CUTEST little mini EVER!!! I LOVE it! Your friend is going to go crazy nutz over it! Thank you so much for the wonderful shout out...you're the BEST, my friend!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have come to my favorite part of paper crafting - minis. I love the flexibility, the charm, and the fact you can continue your ideas over more than one page. This mini is beautiful and such a lovely gift. I love all the details, and I might not have thought of the black lettering but it really works. Great job. TFS
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.