Sunday, September 5, 2010

How I spent my Labor Day weekend

I was able to work with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol (aka Odorless Mineral Spirits) yesterday. I have to give Marlene (www.disguisedasagrownup.blogspot.com) props. Coloring is hard work. I did 5 images and it took a long time and my hand is still a bit sore. I guess I'm still learning how to color properly (who knew there was a ergonomic technique to coloring?). I bet I'm gripping the pencil too hard. In any event, here are my 3 sample cards below. (I got the shadowing technique from Marlene). I have more to post but alas, I still don't know how to edit the 2 videos that I need to upload here. Patience little grasshoppers.... eh, judging by the amount of people that even look at this blog, I'm probably talking to a room full of "cricuts" - get it? Cricuts? Haha. Hello??? Is this thing on?

Also, if you haven't seen www.madebymomo.blogspot.com 's site, you need to take a trip over there. She's been doing UStream video sessions and they're really awesome. For those of you just learning how to make cards or crafty projects, her UStream Video Chat's are great. And she's very entertaining and a great host.







Amuse-bouche (french translation: "mouth amuser")
Like an hor d'oeuvre, an amuse-bouche is just a small bite of goodness aside from the main course. Here are some morsels that have been tickling my fancy lately:
*Adam Carolla podcasts: Not for those who are adverse to profanity
*Currently reading: Patient Zero... Lovin' it. Graphic bio-terror with zombies thrown in. Not for those who are adverse to blood, gore and terror.
*My Giant Salad: 1 head of romaine, tomatoes (as many as you want), half an avocado, 1/3 cup of Seafood Salad (or whatever mayonaisse 'salad' you want to throw in), Soy Bacon bits, and Seasoned rice wine vinegar (as much as you prefer). Not for those who are adverse to roughage.
*Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel. Not the typical choice for those who enjoy "Quality Television" like "Murder, She Wrote" or "Touched by an Angel."


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.