Monday, January 21, 2013

Cricut cards to say Thanks ... and photos from Nevada

I'm sorry for my absence.... I hope you're all having a great start to a new year.  There's a lot of fun stuff I wanted to share with you, so I had to make some cards!!!!

First, the card:

I cut a bunch of Cricut (Create a Critter) images a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, on Christmas Eve, I started to come down with a congestion that resulted with a chest x-ray and then concerns of pneumonia.  But, alas,... I got lots of cough syrup and a steroidal inhaler to keep my asthma under control and started to get better.   The cold temperature that Southern California has been having didn't help my bronchials.  And then to complicate things, I had a photography trip scheduled to Nevada (and we're not talking about sunny 110 degree Vegas).  Armed with my Mucimex and Ricola cough drops, I made it through my Nevada trip which I will be sharing with you in the next few days.

This card was made with Cuttlebug embossing folders and a EK Success Grass punch.  It's a thank you card and the inside says "moo-chas gracias" (From Scrappy Mom's).




Amuse-bouche:
Sammy was put on a Weight Watchers diet at the time of Colt's Dental (back in November, 2012). He has gone from 25.2 lbs to 21.8 lbs. This photo was taken at his 'weigh-in' last weekend.
PS: His prescription dog food was Royal Canin SATIETY (ask your vet if you're interested)....

This photo was taken with my new SLR that my sister-in-law bought me for Christmas.


This is Colt... who only came for the visit, not to be examined.  He is watching the door, waiting for the vet or technician to come in... (He likes them; they usually have cookies).







Also, check out this super cool video that Jenn put up. I don't do well in temperatures less than 50 degrees so I find this fascinating....  She is awesome.  Check this video out.  Love the scenery... from my couch-- with a space heater on.  :)

Remember, go to her site for some great baking videos on cakes and cookies and all sorts of fun things. She makes it super easy to understand.   Click HERE to go to her site.



And lastly,  I've been watching all the great things coming out of CHA.   I already pre-ordered some stuff at my local stamp store.... (Penny Black and Lawn Fawn).  SOOOO Excited!!!!!

See you tomorrow with a card and more photos...





2 comments:

  1. Ohh I want to go snow shoeing in the rockies! Cute cute card and even cuter sweet lil pup!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you've been, sorry to hear you've been sick! Super cute card and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.