Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Glorious Treats-- and a card :)


I previously posted a link to a blog that I found called Glorious Treats.  WOW!!! Great ideas and recipes. I highly recommend it.  Please check it out HERE.

I bought a lot of cake box mixes and I've been making cupcakes every weekend.  And now that I have this great website to get inspiration from, I have been trying my hand at frosting decorating. This was my first two batches. The top photo was made with cream cheese frosting from the can and a ziploc bag and decorating tip (that I purchased at Michaels).  The pink sugar was purchased at Target. 






This cake was made with Red Velvet Cake mix (from the box) and homemade Cream Cheese Frosting. I got the recipe from Glorious Treats.  My friends LOVED it.  I used my pink sugar topping again. I also put it in my cupcake caddy that I purchased at Michaels with a 50% coupon. (If you would have said 4 years ago, that I'd be buying a cupcake caddy, I probably would have laughed at you).  Sorry for the bad lighting.



NOW FOR MY CARD:
I made this for my uncle who sent me a whole packet of goodies from a pet fair he attends in Bethesda, Maryland called "Strut Your Mutt."  The stamp is a Brian Lock digi stamp from Squigglefly.  I used Prismacolor Pencils (with odorless mineral water) and Glossy Accents.
The die cut is from Paper Trey ink. The stamp "HELLO" is from Paper Smooches.  If you scroll to the bottom, you can see that I coloring the interior of the sentiment with black dots. I liked it much better. The paw prints are white powder embossed with a stamp from Paper Smooches.




The fish stamp is from a clear Michaels Stamp that I got and Jenni Bowlin "Weather Pane" ink.


Paw Prints from Paper Smooches and Many Thanks from Paper Trey Ink

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, you've been a busy bee! The cupcakes look terrific and definitely make me hungry! Love your awesome card and the fun image!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.