Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lily Pad Challenge...

I love the videos at Lily Pad.  I also noticed they had a "Kissing" technique challenge.  Click HERE to see the challenge.  The technique is creating an image from stamps that 'kiss.'  For my card, I used a Hero Arts background print that I clear-embossed on white cardstock. I used Distress inks to bring color to the pattern. The umbrella is a die cut from Paper Trey Ink. There is a coordinating stamp set with the die cut. I used Soap Powder (Jenni Bowlin ink) to ink up my umbrella stamp image (1) that was part of a coordinating stamped image with the PTI diecut.  I then took the 'Spiced Tin' ink pad and stamped a Hero Arts background stamp  (2). I pressed the inked background stamp  (2) on the inked umbrella image (1).  This made a 'kissing' blend of both images.  I stamped the inked umbrella image (1) onto the diecut.   Watch this video. It's easier to understand:    
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=__qJ0ID1-Qo
 This is courtesy of Shari Carroll.    

I took silver Stickles and dressed up the umbrella and put glossy accents on the handle.  I put Faded Jeans distress ink on the edges of the umbrella. 



For the sentiment, I used the sentiment from the coordinating stamped set and stamped it in Spice Tin.







Here are links to the two Hero Arts Background Stamps that were used in this card.

Amuse-bouche:
I saw this video and just had to share.  Give it a minute... This guy was also featured on Ellen (DeGeneres) because this video went VIRAL.  The style of dance is 'dub-step.'



2 comments:

  1. Love your card! The umbrella is so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done the kissing technique to perfection on this sweet card! I love the subtle pattern you created for the umbrella. So happy you joined us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.