Friday, February 10, 2012

A wedding gift box

Today we had a wedding shower for someone at work. I made my exploding gift box however THIS time, I made my own paper.  Here's my wedding gift box....
(for a video tutorial on the exploding box, click HERE)

I used a Hero Arts background stamp with VersaMark/clear embossing powder.  I then dabbed a combination of Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress STAINS and blended with a gloved finger.  The flowers came from the wedding section at Michaels.
 


Here's the lid.  I gathered some Recollections wired flowers into a bunch. I used a medium size DOT to glue it down.  Those things are super sticky!.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo (I've used it before on prior wedding gift boxes).  I used Tumbled Glass distress stains on the edge of the tag.
 When you open the lid... here's what you see. The car and phrases were cut from the Sweethearts cartridge (Cricut).  The matte that I wrote on was from Spellbinders. 
TO make it look like the doves and hearts were floating, I used clear sheets that I bought at Michaels (in the painting/water color section).  I inked the edges of the doves and hearts (from Sweethearts cartridge).  I used the thick red clear tape but it wasn't strong enough so I had to bond the strips with Glossy Accents. BOY That stuff worked great!!!
I put red bling for the tail lights and red Stickles for the license plate.  I used the Zip 2way glue and then sprinkled Crystal glitter to bling the car up.  I applied Tea Dye Distress Ink (brushed it with an ink pad) to the silhouettes of the man and woman). 


Amuse-bouche:
Here is the lovely shower cake we got the employee.  Isn't it gorgeous?  It was purchased at VON's grocery store and it was really yummy!!! (in case you're looking for a nice cake for a party).

One of my employees made these gorgeous cupcakes for the wedding shower potluck. The inside had strawberries and a cool-whip type spread. Isn't it beautiful?
She got the recipe from Giada de Laurentiis however I can't find it on the internet. It might be in one of her cookbooks.


2 comments:

  1. The exploding box is AMAZING and so pretty. Love all the details you incorporated in it! Please pass the cake and a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I especially like the cake - Vons sure has gone upscale.
    The blue paper on the outside of the box is lovely. How do you get the powder and stain to not smear all over the place? Do you have to spray it all with fixative once you're done?
    Also I cannot believe that Sammy hasn't gotten into all your art supplies. He is such a naughty dog - doesn't he try to eat your pens or rip apart your paper? I know our cat, Silver, would've torn things apart by now - she loves to rip boxes and paper (unlike her predecessor, Queen Minnie, who knew better)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.