Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quick little cards

Before I get to my simple little card, I have been trying to get around to more blogs this year. (It's been 26 days..., I'm trying).  So, I wanted to share with you another of my favorite sites.  It's Creepy Glowbugg's site. She is an artist.  She not only does cards but she does all kinds of art.  She's really good....  Plus, she's creepy-- in a good way. (haha).

OK, back to my cards:
I didn't want to make anything elaborate. I was trying to keep things simple (and trying to use little scrap papers that I had accumulated)
Here are three cards I made.  They are 2" x 2.25" in size. (VERY SMALL to keep things simple).
The first two cards are made as a portrait and landscape card.  I used a Paper Trey Ink image from the Tremendous Treats: Valentine.  I basically stamped it twice on brown and green paper with Memento Black ink and then cut the green version out and glued it to the brown version.  I ended up putting red Stickles on the heart (after I took the photo, duh). (See?  Very simple).



This third card is a birthday notecard.  The sheep image came from a clear stamp set:  Fresh New day (T is for Transparent) from Penny Black.  I used Liquid Pearls on the top of the head and red Stickles on the bird.  Coloring was done with Copics.   The photograph is not very good as I took it at 11pm.  I will try to re-photo it during the day and edit my blog posting on Friday (1/27/2012). (I have amended)



This is the inside of the sheep card...  The sentiment and cake came from a Paper Trey Ink stamp set (Tiny Treats: Birthday). I colored the cake with Copics, Orange Stickles, and White Enamel Accents (Ranger).



 I thought I'd share this envelope I made.  I think it's fun to spruce up envelopes (that aren't necessarily going through the USPS).  I made this one to put the monkey wallet (from the prior post) in.  I used Scrappy Mom's "OH SNAP" stamp, along with Lawn Fawn's "CONGRATS."  The firecracker is from an old Stampin' Up stamp set. I also threw a little bit of red Stickles on the firecracker.

 

Amuse-bouche:
As you can see, they have left no room for me to sit down. (Yea, I know).  Although, it's a running joke amongst my co-workers:  If there is reincarnation, they want to come back as one of my pets.















3 comments:

  1. Cute card, love the lamb and all the little lambs sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards! Love the stamped envelope! I like to stamp over tissue wrapping paper too......

    The pics of your babies are gorgeous! They look VERY comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great. I love the simplicity of the first two and the expression on the sheep.
    My two dogs sprawl out on my couch the same way as yours. Only difference is, mine are small ankle biters so they leave me room to sit.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.