Saturday, November 5, 2011

Using Distress Stains

Britta Swiderski had a recent tutorial on using Distress Stains.  Go here to see her blog post and video.   Here is my attempt at using Distress Stains (I used a combination of Broken China, Tumbled Glass, and Spun Sugar).  The result is the blue background mat. I used watercolor paper to help absorb the ink.  The image is from an old flower set from Stampin'Up.   The ink used for the image was lavender scarlet from Jenni Bowlin.  The darker purple ink was Distress Ink (Dusty Concord).  The die cut is a Spellbinders Nestabilities diecut.  The pink ink was Spun Sugar (Distress Ink).  I put the mat on a piece of Smokey Grey PTI paper.





3 comments:

  1. Great use of distress inks. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lovely job! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and arty looking!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.