Monday, November 21, 2011

A masculine card?


I don't know if you all consider the colors 'masculine' but I made this card for a (male) friend.  The background paper is from DCWV's Harvest Gathering Matstack.  The ribbon is from Michaels (1/4 inch). Liquid Pearls was added for the foam. I used a Spellbinders Nestabilites diecut.  Copics were my instrument of choice.  I used Distress Ink around the edges.





Amuse-bouche:
If any of you are looking for a soy-alternative to chicken (I can hear Marlene barfing right now).... I am absolutely in LOVE with these.  
I love the Mandarin Chicken.  There are other flavors but this is my favorite one.  Here is their website.  It's a Canadian Company.  I buy my frozen bags at Ralph's grocery store or Target (they're cheaper at Target).  




3 comments:

  1. This is a great masculin card. The liquid pearls give it pizazz. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually looks pretty tasty...LOL. I guess I can't complain, since I've never tried it!

    Your card is adorable in a MANLY way! Heehee!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What interesting textures in that card - the shiny, yet not so smooth foam, the airbrushed look for the mug and background. Hmm!

    As for the "chicken", it sounds good but I am limiting my soy intake. In the last 10 yrs I've noticed that I am more prone to eczema when I eat a lot of soy - like an entire block of tofu, for instance....and yes, I can eaaaasily eat an entire block of tofu.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.