Happy birthday to a dear friend. I used my Stampin' Up set that I had bought 2 years ago. It's amazing how long I've had some stamps but I really didn't know how to work with them. So, here's my card. I used liquid pearls on the bumper, glossy accents on the hubcaps, stickles on the presents, and COPICS. The twine came from Scrappy Mom's and obviously, I used Tim Holtz distress ink. Note: I used an eyemake up sponge and "Whispering White" Stampin' Up ink for the clouds.
Here's a photo from Sea World San Diego.
|I swear, this is the same sea lion that performed at SW when I was 10.|
|He was eating|
|Yes, those are penguins... living in San Diego|
I love SW but it's a guilty pleasure as I have inner turmoil re: the captivity issue. I only go every 10 years or so to try to compromise my guilt (economically contributing to this situation vs wanting to see marine animals).
Here are my observations since my last visit:
1. The killer whales are smaller. They took away the HUGE killer whale that I saw 10 years ago. Probably better for the whale. Maybe he's living in that Icelandic pen with the whale from Free Willy/ Mexico.
2. The trainers don't get in the water with the whales and they play some sort of hybrid Yanni music. (boring, yawn)
3. Cirque de Soleil has invaded SW. Too many acrobatic routines with bungee cords and flying women in leotards. (Yawn).
4. They are putting in more 'rides'- this isn't Six Flags!!! They tore down the Japanese Pearl diving area to put in a new Manta Ray ride (due out 2012). BOO!!!
5. They took the manatee exhibit out and put in sea turtles. :( I love the manatees. Perhaps they returned them to Orlando.
6. The food is cheaper than Angel Stadium. ha! And they have a $29 all you can eat pass. WOW! I can see how the economy has affected SW.
7. The sea lion and otter show hasn't changed (THANK GOD!)
Have a happy Wednesday day