Tuesday, August 3, 2010


I pick up all kinds of techniques from the women here on the net. Marlene, over at www.disguisedasagrownup.blogspot.com has been using her Primacolor pencils and Gamsol to color in her stamps on her cards. She referenced Gamsol as being 'odorless mineral spirits' that you use after you color in your stamped cardstock.
Armed with my Michaels' coupon, I went to purchase Gamsol. I learned 3 things:
1. they didn't have Gamsol
2. They had an alternate brand to purchase (which I did with my COUPON)
3. Gamsol is not a form of Perrier, like I originally thought. [Mineral... spirits... I just figured it was a fancy version of perrier.] Apparently, it is a form of paint thinner.

I am looking forward to trying it out with my Primacolor pencils that I plan to buy with my next 50% off Michaels' coupon.

I'm working on some projects so there might be an actual craft-related photo in the next few weeks. In the meantime, meet Jim and Dwight.
They're standard grey chinchillas (and brothers) who have their own room and AC unit to themselves.
And yes,.. they were named after the characters on The Office (NBC).


1 comment:

  1. Your chinchillas are adorable!!!

    Let me know how you make out with coloring with prismacolors and gamsol. I can give you a few pointers along the way. It's pretty easy, and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept comments from Anonymous individuals.